Custom Search

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Baby sister.....

 With four kids, things are ALWAYS going on. And although they ALL do get along, the three boys usually end up arguing or sniping at each other about something at some point in time. It doesn't last long and they end up going back to what they're doing until the next little spat, but that's siblings for ya...

Then there's baby sis..... She is still small enough to have her brothers' hearts and minds, and take they all happily take turns "playing princess" with her or "dollie party" with her or "castle party with" her or "tea party" with her and it's really rather amusing to see. They cook in the play set kitchen making all sorts of nommy pretend food and they throw a a big party with her dollies and stuffed animals. Adorable. And I revel in it now.

I know that all too soon though, Mini Doom won't be "the cute little sister", the sweet little "menace in pink" (a loving pet name). She's going to become the "tag along", the "pain in the butt", the "MOM! Can you please tell her to stop following me??!??" and I'm afraid that she's going to take it rather hard. Having had the spotlight her entire life being the youngest AND only girl child, that shift is going to be rather harsh.

I feared that her fragile little ego would shatter..... But then I gave it a second thought.... Her? Fragile little ego? I don't fucking think so. As long as I stay on the path to raise her as my little warrior princess, things shouldn't be so much about ego or it being fragile. She will be that "cool little girl" that some will want to be around, but others, with the smaller minds, will shy away from. And when all of my kids are grown, she won't be so much "baby sister" but "younger sister" because I'll not have her growing up to be a sissy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment