Custom Search

Friday, August 24, 2012

Roping them back in.....

As we get closer to the end of summer vacation, I need to start reining the kids back in again. And of course, it falls on me to get the shit done. Getting them back onto a schedule, getting them back into a routine. Getting them back into the groove of things and making sure that they are back in line and ready for the upcoming new school year.

It's not an easy task when the kids are all still in denial that their summer vacation is about to come to a close. But that doesn't mean I can't NOT get all the ducks back in a row and that they are following the proper protocols and getting done the things they need to do and falling back into line. I mean during the vacation, they have all the time in the world to clean their rooms and make their beds and get their shoes lined up by the door and put their stuff away and all that other crap, but when school takes up a good chunk of their time? We have to resort back to the schedule or the shit is just not going to get done and I won't tolerate THAT kind of backsliding.

:sigh: I know that they might see me as being somewhat of a bitch now, but my hopes are that one day they realize I would have been doing them a disservice had I NOT raised them properly. That there was a reason why I made them get the things they needed to do, done and getting a job done means getting a job done well and all that other happy shit that I get all sorts of O.C.D. with them about. I hope they realize that was because I wanted them to grow to be proper adults who know how to get shit done on time and well. In the meantime, I must live through the constant barrage of eye rolls and exasperated sighs. It's all good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment