Custom Search

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Every TIME!!!!!!!!

My teen does things to push my buttons. A lot. He says it's "just to be a pain in the ass..." Well, at least he's honest about it. I mean we have a relatively good relationship even though he thinks I'm an ultra mega Dork-a-zoid. We talk about things and we are able to communicate with each other about all manner of things, which is kind of cool.

My biggest beef with him right now is that I don't really have any good recent photos of him. Don't get me wrong, I have recent pictures of him. I have tons of recent pictures of all the kids. But the teen's pictures are not very flattering. He's always making the goofy faces or covering his face with his hand at the last second. :sigh:

He says he makes the faces because he's making fun of me and the way I look in pictures. I've tried to explain to him that it isn't on purpose. I just look like a moron in pictures all the time because I'm not very photogenic. He says to me, "Seriously? Wow.... I'm so sorry..... That's pretty..... special, mom..."

How am I supposed to respond to that? You know, so I say, "Gee thanks kid.... I can't help that I'm funny looking. Be thankful that you don't look like me." Ya know? It'd be nice if, at this point, he would put up a protest and say something like, "Nah, mom! You're so pretty!" Even if it's just lip service, ya know? But, no. He giggles and agrees with me.

So I then proceed to beg and plead for him to let me take one picture of him NOT making a face or something and..... Yeah. It didn't happen. :s

No comments:

Post a Comment