Custom Search

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I am DURRRRR?

I will never claim that I am a super genius because, well.... I'm not. I'm not stupid by any stretch of the imagination and I can do alright in a conversation using big words and stuff... I can do math and spell and tie my shoes. I function.

Enter my complaint. I don't dress to please anybody else. I dress for comfort. I keep my hair in a whole array of colors from "natural tones" to pinks and blues. So, based solely on the way I look, there are people who assume I'm none too bright. Whatever. They can think what they'd like. That's fine. It's the people who think it necessary to point out to me that they find that the way I dress or look makes me look less than intelligent. The ones who go out of their way to get my attention and speak slowly and let me know what they think.... Which is fine. But MAN these people really can't take what they dish out and they have NO sense of humor at all....

I'm not one for keeping my mouth shut, especially in situations like this. And I also think that if people are going to open their mouths, they should expect a reply. I mean, just because someone thinks I'm an idiot and goes out of their way to let me know that they believe me to be mentally deficient, it doesn't mean I'm not going to fire back with some kind of a retort about what I feel about them. The looks of shock when I lay down (to cause as MUCH public shame to them as I possibly can) a response to their ignorant statements is priceless though.

No comments:

Post a Comment