Custom Search

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Your local unfriendly neighbor.....


Some people have the greatest luck having some of the most awesome neighbors. I on the other hand have not. I've had some weird ones, creepy ones, stupid ones, mean ones, strange ones..... Like take for example, "Lawn Guy". There's a post about him here somewhere..... It's the reason I never really talked to my neighbors much after having moved around.
At the new condo, we have cool neighbors on either side of us. Lucky and I were blessed. During the week days that I spend at the house where I'm allowed to stay, I guess some of them are pretty cool, but I'm not around much and it's not like I hang out with them socially or anything. Besides that, getting too friendly with neighbors is sort of like shitting where you sleep. Somewhere along the line, things go sour and even going home becomes a chore..... Not cool.
I have to say that those neighborhood feuds are just about the most stupid things, started over stupid shit.... It's like the playground back in grade school where the "battlefield/playground" would stand divided between the supporters of either of the feuding frenemies.... Seriously.... Because that's what we need in our lives? Grow up and please let's kindly leave the playground back in grade school.
My reasons for hating people are really not that unfounded. Go ahead. Read back through. People are nasty, selfish, stupid, malicious, cruel, (the list goes on....) The world is in chaos and nobody really gives a shit as it continually gets worse as "people" allow it all to happen by passing the buck and say, "It's not really my problem..." or "That's not my business..." or "That's someone else's job...."
With that being said, to have to have this all happening on the street where I live? I've had this occur far too many times in places I've lived with these very types of people. Blech. And I was a rotten neighbor for NOT wanting to get involved in the drama. <insert eye roll here>
Lucky and I have fantasized about who the coolest neighbors might be..... Guy Fieri, Kat Cora, Paula Dean, Mayhem Miller, Chuck Norris..... Of course, unless we hit power ball for a gojillion dollars, the chances of us being next door to these superstars is um.... Well, it's slim to none. But can you imagine how cool it'd be? Neighborhood parties at the house of some super amazing NOMS maker or like some super cool personality.... Granted, we see only the "public face" of these people and they may actually be assholes in real life (EXCEPT for Chuck Norris). :slump:
Well, for the time being, neighbors are the reality and I have to have them and I have to deal. I did okay here in the house that I am allowed to sleep at and we did well at the condo that I call "home" from time to time. And I am hoping to be able to conduct the "neighbor interviews" before moving into the next place. :sigh: Either that or I need to find a place that I WON'T have neighbors. That'd be kinda cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment