Custom Search

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I've been thinking....


So, I've been thinking..... I know. A dangerous thing and yes, I have been taking it slowly so as not to burn anything out or short circuit something or rupture a something or another... So here it goes.

With us all being in the swing of things and into the new year and all, I failed to make any new years resolutions. Not because there aren't things that I'd like to deal with or do or not do in my life, but because there's just such a laundry list of them that I wasn't too sure where I was going to start. Obviously, these resolutions should be kept reasonable and realistic. The whole goal for setting a resolution is to be able to achieve said certain goal for the new year, so I wasn't going to list them all.
In thinking over what a lot of my issues, it would seem some of them stem from having to rely on others. Not the type of relying that I would do on friends or Lucky. I am talking about the type of relying that I don't want to be doing. I mean if you can't rely on the one's you love, then what. No. I am talking about my life having to revolve around certain people whom it seems to me I have been making life a little too easy for by bending and flexing and being courteous to. The problem that I am seeing is that courtesy should be a two way street and I'm not seeing it. Whether it is something that certain individuals see as something they should be getting "just because" or what all, I'm thinking it needs to stop. Done. Finito.
I think there is a huge problem with people and their whiny baby, pansy ass, self indulgent, self centered, ego maniacal, self righteous stupid blabbering while they harbor major entitlement complexes. I think serious reality checks need to be given. But because certain changes in my life need to start with me, I have decided that courtesy, respect and cooperation from me is going to have to be earned.
I'm coming to find that I can become frustrated to my wit's end, but the point is, I cannot change people. I can only make changes in myself in order to ensure that I can change the outcome of certain things around me. Therefore, in dealing with people, I am going to try a different approach and not make too many, if any at all, concessions in any of my decisions or convictions. Certain of things I can deal with on my own. Others of which I know I can count on my friends to help me out with, but change will be made and they will start with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment