Custom Search

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shhh.... No talking!


There are just certain times when it's not a matter of talking it out and the only thing that can solve it is a solid "self introspective moment" to work out "issues" by oneself. It's not a matter of NOT wanting to share in intimate moments with a loved one so much as it is needing to figure out for oneself how he or she feels about something, what they want to do, how they may want to handle it and wrap their own mind around the "situation" at hand.
The "What are you thinking? Why won't you talk to me?" thing gets to be annoying during times like this. Who hasn't had that moment? Bullshit, yes you have.
It's the reason I am IMMENSELY grateful that my Lucky understands. I am able to work through my shit and do what I need to do so that I can discuss it with him rationally once I have a handle on whatever it was. I know that I can always discuss anything with him. We have no secrets, we have no "taboo" subjects and we talk about everything. It's nice being able to comfortably discuss anything and not feel "iffy" or uncomfortable about saying something. And if I need the space to figure something out before I can even "put my finger on something" before bringing it to the round table, I know that's cool too.  I suppose that's really the way it ought to be. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment