Custom Search

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crash and Burn!


I have certain cycles where I go through bouts of insomnia. It can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Sometimes more... I go through the day, feel tired and when it's time for bed? I can't sleep. The mind goes into super mega overdrive and it doesn't shut off. I do the tossing and turning thing, I do the relaxing thing, the hot bath thing, the walking thing, whatever... And I don't sleep.
I function and I go through my day to day and I get things done, but I "seem tired". Duh!
But just like I feel the bouts of insomnia come, I also start to feel the crash too. It's rather spectacular. The energy levels start to skyrocket and I zip through stuff like everything else is in slow motion. It will manifest as a whole house cleaning day where EVERYTHING gets cleaned and wiped and sanitized and vacuumed and washed and dried and put away and dusted and polished and done up nice-y nice and things that got left undone all get done and the "List of stuff that needs to be done this month" get done all at once...
And that last night rolls around and all is said and done, I drag my carcass into bed and the sleepy time gnome comes and hits me upside the head with his magical night-night brick. And I go back to my regularly scheduled program... Until the next time the cycle repeats. :s

No comments:

Post a Comment