Custom Search

Friday, August 19, 2011

Angry things....


Anger comes in so many different forms and a variety of flavors just like stupidity does. It seems (at least to me) that the sometimes, it's the stupidity of others leads me at times to darker places like anger. Most of the time stupidity just brings me much amusement and joy, but there are times....
I've let go of a lot of things, dropped a lot of "baggage" and I find that anger has been a waste of time for the most part. Do I have my moments? Of course. I'm not a "YAY HAPPY!" person all the time. But it just doesn't seem like time well spent to me, being angry all the time. Although trying to stay positive all the time can be quite time consuming and it doesn't work all the time either. So, there has to be a balance.
Anger isn't all bad. I've used anger to fuel me to get a lot of positive things accomplished. I am talking about the negative energy that comes from anger here that I find to be a waste of time. It can manifest itself in so many different ways. A good example is taking one's anger out by reveling in the misery of others or wishing harm and misery onto other people. Seriously? If you're so angry about your own life, why not take the time to change what makes you angry about your own life? How about when anger manifests itself in a way that you become a miserable wretch of a person. Just yelling and screaming at everything and everyone. There are just some serious "anger things" there. And obviously, there are the violent angry outbursts. NEVER a positive thing....
You can see where I'm going with this. I've seen the "negative sides" of anger far too often. Its hard to explain its effects to the people who are having the difficulties with accepting that they are "flawed" by their anger and that they need to change. At times, these things need to be dealt with... Sometimes, rather harshly. As long as they don't have its effects on me and mine, I tend to stay away. The reason being? Have you ever noticed how easy it is to become angry about something? Downward spiral. I'd much rather dwell in the brighter side. I'd much rather pick and choose where I spend my anger and use that anger in a positive way to bring about a better outcome. Think about the different causes out there... People became passionate about an idea because they started off angry about something.... Just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment