Custom Search

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Can you NOT do the thing with the face.....


Children are adorable to their parents for a very specific reason. If they weren't, the human species would NOT have survived. Thinking back over the years to when I was an even smaller spazoid of destruction, I think I would have killed me too if it weren't for the fact that I wasn't such a cute little kid. (No, I don't know what happened... Could be all those years of falling on my face...)
I look at my kids and think about all of the things that they have destroyed, ruined, broken, demolished, cracked, splintered, dusted, dirtied, soiled, devastated, and unmade until they were irreparable and I think about how angry I got. I thought about how I had to walk away when they did the thing with the face. You know, the pout and the "I'm REALLY sorry!" eyes and the tear and the quivering lip... And I kinda look back on the whole thing and realize that ultimately, whatever they had destroyed wasn't really important. It's to the point where I'll joke about how angry I was and laugh.
I have parents that STILL bring up the whatever that so-and-so broke in 198- and go into a rant about how they're STILL angry about it.... Seriously?I guess the little plasic thingy that mom bought at Wisconsin Dells was super wicked important since she STILL holds a grudge over it. Me? I try to forget the incidents. Nothing is more important then just conveying the message to the kid/ kids about what they did being wrong, the child/ children being apologetic about it and then moving on in the hopes that they will have learned something from it and not do it again.
It makes it easier for me to accomplish because of the face. It's always so damn hard to stay angry when they make that face! CRAP! Foiled again! And I think they know it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment