Custom Search

Monday, May 7, 2012

New Shoes!

Fila's Skeletoes..... I didn't think I'd ever get a pair, none the less wear them. EVER.... It turns out, they are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. I didn't think that I would like the toe thong feel, considering the fact that I can't wear flip flops, but I didn't ever get that toe thong feel.
I am a person who would rather go around barefoot and at most, be wearing a pair of slippers. I've been a tippy toe walker for my entire life and was called "twinkle toes" because of the way I walked. So, it turns out, that's a better way to be doing the whole walking and running thing anyway..... (I was cool before it was cool!)
With heavily soled shoes, I couldn't do what my feet naturally wanted to do. The shoes wouldn't give or flex enough or me to be up on my toes. Then I'd always ended up with blisters on my heels and my feet would be sore and it was all around misery. At least in slippers or on bare feet, my feet were able to do what they wanted and they were happy. Last year, Puppy Guts got me a pair of mat shoe or wrestling shoes. Practically nothing to the sole, they bended and flexed and felt pretty good. I wore them around and they were great. I really didn't think that I would stray from them....
We started seeing a lot of ads for the "minimalist" running shoes. The rotten thing about the mat shoes is, they weren't designed for every day wear. The tread and the soles weren't designed for outdoor wear, so they fall apart rather quickly. The new "minimalist" shoes were designed for tippy toe running, and were made of a more outdoor friendly, everyday outdoor wear sole so as not to fall apart as quickly. Both Puppy Guts and I went to the shoe store recently to give them all a try.
I told my dearest Puppy Guts that if I started going nuts when the toe thong feeling came over me and I looked like I was going to hurt someone, just to tackle me and get the shoes off of my feet..... It wasn't necessary. I tried on the two different kinds. One with a one piece, solid sole and one that was sectioned (like the ones pictured here....) The one piece ones were nice. I walked around and I had to admit, they felt really good. I wasn't wow-ed or anything, but they felt good. Then I tried on these ones. My feet thanked me. It was like getting a footie rub by angels while sliding down a magical rainbow on a unicorn's back while eating bacon. I had to have them.
Considering the fact that I never really thought I'd be a fan of shoes, like, ever, I wear these things everywhere. Sometimes I even wear them around the house. They are like little happy moments for my feet and of course, they are machine washable.... :sigh: Yes, you CAN get that smell out of them.... I've found shoes that I love AND they're PINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment