Custom Search

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gooey Puppy Guts......

I suppose I DO get tired of having to explain to people my interesting choice of a pet name that I have for my sweetheart, but it is what it is and I'm not going to change it. Sure, there are other things that I call him, like Honey Bunny, Goo Goo Bear, or just simply, Baby or Babe, but for the most part I call him Puppy Guts or just Guts for short. Yes, we get strange looks from people when we're out and about but neither of us really gives a shit. I think so many people lack imagination and creativity, especially in a relationship. People often end up complacent and get stuck in a rut that becomes their every day. It leads to boredom and that becomes the norm. :yawn:

Something as simple as a pet name that's "different" to going out and trying something new, like cooking up some new concoction in the kitchen or something can add so much more depth and richness to what would otherwise be yet another stagnant relationship. It's that complacency that leads to a lack of communication because, really? What's there to talk about after you've talked about everything else? And then, when it DOES come time to have to open up and communicate with someone who is supposed to be your other half with whom which you should be able to talk to about everything, it's not as easy as it really should be and those conversations are left not had. And where does THAT lead?

I pity those who aren't able to talk to their mates about everything. Feeling the need to hide who they are and what they're feeling. It ends up breeding resentment and it does no amount of good. I mean, don't get me wrong, a one sided conversation is just as bad as no conversation though. If one goes to the other and says, "There's a problem...." and the response is, "No, there isn't...." That doesn't do a whole helluva lot of good either.

I am truly thankful that Puppy Guts are able to talk about everything, discover new things and talk about that, only to come to find that there are so many other things that we can discover together and talk about which leads to more stuff to discover.... A perpetual cycle of renewal that most people forget after a few years together.... I'm so glad I found it with My Puppy Guts! :bliss:

No comments:

Post a Comment