Custom Search

Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Phone!

It was "brand new stuff" week.... and so here I am with a new phone. The Samsung Convoy 2.... My last cellphone finally died (after over 3 years). Considering the fact that she was really nothing more than a flip phone, and not a smart phone (actually, she was a dumb phone..... She didn't really DO anything but make calls...... and take the occasional picture if she felt like working that day....) she survived over three years of everyday abuse, being dropped, being shoved into a pocket, being left in a hot car on a hot summer day, being left in a cold car on a cold winter day.... What finally did her in was the little hinge part..... It started to crack.
In trying to keep with the dumb phone, since I really wouldn't use the features of a smart phone anyway, I wanted another flip phone. They don't really make "simple" flip phones any more. They have all sorts of features and gadgets and other crap that I wouldn't know how to use anyway. But I settled on this little doojie because it seemed like the most simple one to operate and it was the most similar to the one I had before. There are a few more buttons on this new one and I seem to discover (quite by accident) more and more features every day, and I accidentally pocket texted Puppy Guts with some cryptic text about being in a meeting (unbeknownst to me). It was kind of cool.
This thing takes a WAY better picture than I thought a phone could (and video) and I have to admit, once all my shit from the old phone was transferred over to this new one, I had a "YAY!" moment and went straight away to playing with the friggin' thing for a few hours..... I have yet to figure out what everything does or what everything is, or even everything that this phone can do and I probably never will know, but my Hello Kitty guitar pick has found its new home, and is happily taped onto the back of its new phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment