Custom Search

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Smile! Uh... Never mind...

Maybe this is another one of those things that I think about way too much, but it's something that always pops into my head. Is there such a thing as smiling too much or too little? I know I can be cranky sometimes and I'll sport "the puss" and my smile? Yeah... If you've been following along, you know that my smile is pretty "special"... But there are people who are constantly walking around with "the puss" on their faces... Even when they're smiling, they're not... Actually, it's kind of creepy looking when they smile, either that or gross because it's a mixture of "psychotic meltdown" meets "constipation".
Then there are these idiots that are smiling ALL THE TIME. That's kind of creepy too. I mean, no matter what's going on, they're smiling. Makes you kind of wonder what the fuck is wrong with them, like "maybe they're mom dropped them on their heads when they were babies" or "HOLY SHIT! I think this one is going to snap... Hit the deck!"
I try to make it a point to try and smile, despite the "special" quality that mine has simply because it helps to reflect what I feel on the inside. I gave this another one of those "reflective moment" things...
I am forced to live with my parents because "certain situations and events" ultimately lead to my children and I  having to have to be here. But at the end of the day, my children and I have a roof over our heads, food on the table, we are warm, we are clean, we are comfortable and  I am able to care for them the way they should be cared for  because we DO have a roof over our heads. Granted, if certain situations were to change, I'd be packed and outta here like a bat outta hell, with the kids in tow in 0.2 seconds flat, but "certain situations" won't ever change because "certain people" won't ever change their stripes, so to speak. Meh... I'm working towards my own goals. To hell with "certain people".
My children and I have our health and we are chugging forward through life. Sure, there are moments of "drama" that come up, but fortunately, they are quickly forgotten and everything and everyone moves forward. The older ones are beginning to see "manipulations" for what they are, and they have been learning the difference between moving forward and wallowing in self pity. They are learning the importance of working hard and doing things for yourself because they won't be done for you. They are learning to appreciate the value of things, the quality of people and that happiness doesn't come in a box, nor does it come from lying to yourself about who and what you are. Valuable lessons that need to be felt and seen rather than just preached.
We have the people who matter to us and the people who we matter to always close by. When the shit hits the fan, the back up is there. They are there to share the load in our woes, to celebrate with us in our triumphs and there is never a fear of rejection or harsh criticism or judgment. There is love and support and a true family spirit that we carry with us throughout our days.
We all still have our "wants" sure. Who doesn't, but as far as out needs, they are all met in spades.  We have plenty of things that we can be thankful for and smile about and despite my pessimistic nature, I know that everything will eventually work itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment