Custom Search

Monday, January 3, 2011

The reason kids are so friggin' cute...

It's hard to stay angry at a child. The sad, "I'm sorry" face is the reason why. It's the reason why kids seem so friggin' cute when you're trying to be mad at them. It's a survival mechanism... Imagine some of the things they do... Then imagine if they were ugly, hateful little creatures with misshapen heads and features... Probably wouldn't go over as well.
I just survived through a 35 minute temper tantrum thrown by a very angry little two year old because I wouldn't let her eat the giant candy bar that she found. I told her that it was close to supper time and that if she did well, she could have a piece for dessert. She did not agree with me. Her shrill cries were probably heard throughout a five mile radius and I'm sure that we will be reading in the local paper about a bizarre incident where bats were flying into walls and windows, dogs were howling, cats were going crazy and local wildlife of all sorts were running amok in the streets trying to get away from some kind of "invisible predator" in droves.
When she was done with the screaming, I pulled out the ear plugs and sat with her on the bed. I was going to read her the riot act about behavior, but after looking at the tear stained face and the big, sad puppy dog eyes, I went with, "Don't do that again..." and gave her a hug. She fell asleep for a short while, a little 15 minute nap just to recharge, and lo and behold, she was my sweet little angel again.
I guess it does help that kids are cute, otherwise, I guess the species wouldn't have survived...

No comments:

Post a Comment