Custom Search

Monday, January 10, 2011

Scary looking dogs...

I've met some pretty scary looking dogs in my time. Large ferocious looking animals... In some instances, they were in fact scary. They would have ripped your arm off and played squeak toy with your head. Then there are the ones that look ferocious, but you say "PUPPY! Who wants a tummy rub?" and the tail is wagging, the goofy doggie smile, the doggie "Play?!?" position, and bam! Right over onto the back and the paws are flopping around all over the place for the "Rub my tummy! Rub my tummy!!! Me, me, me!!! Me wants a tummy rub!"
There are so many breeds of dogs that get such a bad rap. Pitbulls and mastiffs and rotties and dobies... Some of the sweetest dogs I've met were pitbulls and mastiffs and rotties and dobies...
I'm not saying you should run up to EVERY dog and make friends. I know that it is the philosophy of THAT kind of man that "All big dogs are my friends!" (Lucky happens to be one... And it's rather strange but there hasn't been a dog he's met that DIDN'T liked him...) By all means, assess to make sure that the dog is friendly, but it is another one of those, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" thing... I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment