Custom Search

Monday, October 6, 2014

One of "THEM"......


Okay, so I'm apparently a "them".....
At the market some time back , I was walking the cart back over to the cart station after I was done with it. A sweet looking old lady comes up to me and says VERY slowly and LOUDLY, "Are yooooooou aaaaaallllllll dooooone wiiiiiith thaaaaaaaaaat caaaaaaarrrrrrt?" while making sign language like hand motions. She finished off with a nice look of disdain and exasperated sigh.

I nodded, gave her an odd look and said, "Um.... Yes, I am. I was just going to put it in the cart station. Would you like this cart?"

She says, "Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you were one of 'THEM'..."

Being EVER so swift on the uptake, my quick witted response to her was, "Huh?"

So, she explains: "You know..... One of them orientals that don't speak English good..."

I don't think she quite saw the irony or the humor in that whole exchange we had there.... :sigh: Go figure......

No comments:

Post a Comment