Custom Search

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Life's "little" problems....


It seems that some of the biggest problems usually start off as little things that weren't taken care of and were ignored until they became unmanageable and unfixable. It was true with a lot of things in my life. When I started addressing some of them, they were met with a lot of denial and of course, that made things worse. It really only further escalated the problem really. Addressing things when they're still small makes life easier. The unfortunate problem is when they're small, they don't seem like too big a deal and putting them off seems like a good idea. Sometimes we don't even see them at all.
Then, as they grow into still manageable issues, if they aren't dealt with swiftly, they turn into ordeals and it gets worse from there. I'm learning to  address things when they are still small scale or at least manageable. It's not always as easy as it sounds. Things need to be prioritized and in some cases, other sources need to be brought in, thereby making it necessary to rely on others in order for something to get done..... Grrr........ I hate that most of the time. But such as it is, sometimes I have to deal.
One little thing can have the potential to become such a large problem and I quickly learned that the hard way. In FINALLY having learned my lesson about that, I continue to make strides in positive changes that I've been needing to make in my life with this being one of them. Procrastination in not a good thing and it's nice to have the phone numbers of cops and a lawyer on speed dial handy.....

1 comment:

  1. I've found making sure I talk to those involved early on helps a lot too, then the "little" issues don't get too overblown in my own head.

    ReplyDelete