Custom Search

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Religion.....

Well, this certainly explains quite a bit, doesn't it? Alright. I'm probably going to offend a whole shitload of people here, but here's my take on religion.... I think.... I don't know. Well, a continuation of yesterday's ramblings, I give you THIS:

Now, don't get me wrong. It's not like I haven't got ounce one of spirituality. Not true. But I am FAR from religious. Actually, I'm probably the opposite of religious. I'm like ANTI-religious. And believe it or not, I too have read and studied the bible, to satisfy my curiosity. It wasn't for the "spiritual" aspect though. I was pretty analytical about the whole thing. I asked A LOT of questions and probably shook the foundations of a few people's "deeply rooted faith". But there you have it.

So, my take on religion.... I'm not just talking about the Christ based ones either. Although if you think about it, all the ones doing all the fighting and warring are the ones who practice religions that are bible based. Old and new testament shit.... But I digress. Anyway, you've got all these religions that contradict each other. Yes peace, no peace, there's an ultimate being greater than you, YOU are the greater being, comply, fight, whatever.... Really? And how is anyone REALLY supposed to walk away with anything useful when even within the different religious groups, no one group can say that theirs is one that is consistent throughout the different sects of their own same religion? Oh. They can't. NO ONE has it right.

Does it make it invalid. Not necessarily. I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't think it's a terrible thing to have some sort of spirituality. Some kind of faith belief system for people to anchor themselves to can be helpful. I don't think that it should be the basis to which they should strive to be better people and shit like that. THAT should come from within REGARDLESS of whether some unseen holy deity is telling you to do it or not. I don't know. I guess I'm still leaning towards aliens......

No comments:

Post a Comment