Custom Search

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Destined for what.....

So, my "inside voice" (AKA Eddie) and I were pondering what life was about. Where was life for us headed? What does life actually hold in store for us? Is it al written out for us? Like destiny? r maybe it's all like a ripple effect and the decisions that we make at every moment of every day shapes and changes the life as we go along. Maybe it's a little of both. Most days I think I have this one way ticket to hell. I'm really not too sure what determines whether I would be heading there. I mean, if the reasons were based solely upon some unseen holy deity and the words in some scripture or book or whatever, that spell out the reasons why I would or wouldn't be heading to some demon plane, then I suppose I'd be screwed. Quite honestly (and ironically), a good portion of those those who call themselves "devout" would be on the bus heading south right along with me. At least I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. I pretty much put all that shit right there on my sleeve.

Don't get me wrong. It's not as of though spirituality has escaped me completely. And sure, I think about an afterlife. Reincarnation, rebirth, some spiritual haven for my soul to go to after my body is gone.... Heaven, Valhalla, Elysium.... Whatever... But who is to say which set of beliefs has it right? Jews, Catholics, Protestants, (the muslims are just wrong), Hindis, Buddhists, Hare Krishnas..... No one can give a truly definitive answer. They can only spew the words of their "spiritual leaders", unable to think as an individual because that is what their religion teaches them. Not to think as an individual, but as a collective. These people caught in these webs of "religion" can tell me about their beliefs based upon someone else's word. Not their own. They can tell me about who and what their "god" is, but not based upon anything other than what was fed to them as what the answers were.

Yup.... I'm still searching and coming to my own conclusions. I'm leaning more towards aliens these days..... Yeah. I know... Sulphur and brimstone. Sulphur and brimstone....

No comments:

Post a Comment