Custom Search

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday cometh...



It's not even 5 in the morning yet and the house is still quiet so I don't count it as being Monday yet... There is still the warm and fuzzy sensation that comes with being half asleep still. Quiet, dark and there is still peace. All is still right in the world. Nothing has gone wrong yet.
This is when I take a moment to be thankful for these little moments. Then I take the time to think about all the other things I can be thankful for. It has been quite a therapeutic experience. Just taking a bit of time at the beginning and the end of the day. The beginning of the day would start with being hopeful for the things I can continue to be thankful for and hopeful that I might have something else that I might be thankful for. My kids, my Lucky, friends and family, and all the basic essentials. I take the time out to be thankful for my kids' sakes. They have both their parents that love them and we are doing our best for them. Separately, but at the end of the day, the kids know that they are loved, they feel safe and secure in knowing that we are there for them and despite OUR differences, they come first. My kids still have ALL FOUR of their grandparents and all the extended relatives.They have their friends. They are loved, safe, healthy, happy and have everything that they need. All things that I can ultimately be thankful for.
At the end of the day, its decompressing and getting rid of the "crap" the day brought and going back over and sifting through the positives.Those are things that no matter how hard anyone tries, they can't take them away from me.
Some days are better than others, but I have to admit, getting rid of the bag of bricks, even one brick at a time, has been uplifting. I'm coming along. I doubt I'll ever find "peace", but something close will do.
No worries, mind you. I'm still going to be grumpy and stupidity will still amuse the snot out of me and I'll still be as quirky as ever. I think I have a clearer view of "my path" although I'm sure I'll still be distracted by the many things that cross this path. Oh, and of course shiny things. And chickens... The lives ones... They walk around all funny... I find it amusing. It's a thing.
In the meantime, Monday approaches and thus starts another week of the usual hustle and bustle of life. <Sigh!> Hurray work! At least I have something to do! Hurray the kids will be cranky and I'm sure there will be a moment or two that they will try my patience to its limits! But they are healthy, beautiful, happy (for the most part) children and they are really the coolest kids on the face of the planet. Roof, food, clothes, warmth... All the things that we need and even a few that may not necessarily be necessities, but we can be thankful for them none the less.
Ain't too much wrong with that...
Tick... Tick... Tick... Thus ends the "It's not Monday yet" moment and Monday comes screaming forth with the annoying, ear splitting <BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!> of the stupid alarm clock. <Sigh!> Yay! Monday! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment