Custom Search

Friday, February 4, 2011

Because I don't have enough to deal with...


Just when I think I have everything typed up and in order and I'm satisfied with it, I move on, but when I go back to it, I find that I make more changes and have to go back through the process all over again... I've got about  twenty chapters to finish typing up, then re-writing and editing, then going back through... Blah, blah, blah... I get calls from the publishing place from time to time... "Is it finished? When will you be able to submit your manuscript?" Despite the fact that I have another two months left before "deadline". I hate typing and I really suck at it because hunt and peck is the only method I know, some of the keys keep popping off the keyboard and get lost... Always a fun time I assure you! And of course, life is happening all at the same time.
Things are hectic and crazy, but it feels good. I've taken a hiatus from the Ebay thing and concentrating my efforts on my children and getting this book typed up and the manuscript sent out. They figure, if I meet the deadline, the book will be "on the shelves" this summer...
As if I didn't have enough on my plate, I always have to go out of my way to seek out the stupidity of others, simply because it amuses me. We've all run across that moment, either watching the news or seeing it happening right in front of you... Blatant stupidity that merits a moment of witnessing simply out of morbid curiosity. I've thought to myself plenty of time, "No fuckin' WAY that person is stupid enough to... Wow! He did it... I guess he WAS that stupid..." What's really scary is that, you never have to look very far to find stupidity. There's an abundance of it out there and it's not even a matter of knowing where to look.
It's like looking for shooting stars out in the countryside. If you look in one direction long enough, you are bound to see one... It's the same with stupid people doing stupid things. You find a likely area and just watch. It'll happen.
Some of these moments are noteworthy. Other times it would maybe merit a giggle and we move on. Some might get the face palm and the head shake of disgust. Some might get the laugh and sigh. Some might get a mere glance and "Meh! Not worth my time..." Then there are the ones where you point and laugh out loud, bust out your cell phone to take pictures and send them out to everyone in your contacts, post the picture on Facebook, write a blog about it and joke and laugh about it for years to come...<Sigh!> Quirk... What can I say? I'm keeping this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment