Custom Search

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Because I said so!



Who hasn't used this line at one point with their kids... When all else fails and logic seems to escape the child and no amount of explanation can get the understanding needed to make sure that the child understands it was their bad...
What other recourse is there?
I know that the pre-teen is going through a period in his life where he is trying to feel out his own and become a true individual, making his own rules and living his own life, but still... There are certain things that, as a parent, you still need for them to understand. First and foremost, "I am the parent and you will do as I say, ding dang it!"
Mine certainly does not understand it. He will rebel at every opportunity. I guess it's just a thing. What can I say? I will still try and remain as steady and true and try to be as constant and consistent as possible. Some day he will come to understand and maybe even appreciate the effort I put in to make sure he grows up straight and strong... Right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment