Custom Search

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ah...


My time spent with my Lucky has been nothing short of amazing. It has nothing to do with anything but the quality of time that we've been spending with each other. It's not all about the violating the snot out of each others' personal space(although quite enjoyable), but we are finding that living, loving and laughing and being completely immersed in the moments we are together has been... Nothing short of life altering. Filling our lives with the positives instead of wallowing in the negatives especially when it comes to us moving forward and following the path of the rest of our lives has been a slow process. We still have our moments of self pity and negativity, but they are becoming so trivial. We are coming to find that instead of lamenting the things we don't have, we should be celebrating the things that we do. Instead of worrying about the people who don't matter, we have filled our lives with those who do. Instead of concentrating our energies on hating and being angry, we surround ourselves with love and laughter and life. He has his bad days and so do I, but with the love and support that we give each other and the same love and support that we are receiving from friends and family, moving forward doesn't seem so hard to do any more. How weird is that?
It's been such a strange journey, getting to this point. It took quite a bit of effort and some deep down soul searching, a painful excursion, by every definition, but I'd rather pave this new path in positives to keep moving forward than negativity.
There are so many people that I have to thank for this new realization. Some are rather unexpected really, but in seeing what I don't want to be, it makes it easier to see what I DO want to be.
I am chugging along... August 2011 is coming up fast... I've given myself a deadline to see where I'm going to be by then and regardless of what the outcome, there is plenty that I can honestly say, "You know what? Mission accomplished!" and I'm okay with that. Moving forward does feel good. :) Thanks for coming with me, Lucky! XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment