Custom Search

Friday, July 8, 2011

My luck...



It's not to say I have "bad luck" per se. Sure there are certain situations and happenstances in my life that could be considered to be "hard knocks" or not exactly lucky... My trips and falls are usually greeted with the standard, "Ooh... Are you okay? That was some luck, you finding the only pebble on the ground and tripping on it..." If there is a flock of birds flying overhead, it will be sure that I will be the only one wearing bird poo... If it's the last anything drinkable or edible, I will drop it or spill it... Favorite anything will rip or snag and I NEVER leave a pen in my pocket. You get the idea. I've been known to say "...that's just my luck!" and throw my hands up in the air, roll my eyes and give the exasperated sigh. So, the last time this happened, I stopped and gave it some thought. (Yes, I do it a lot... If you've been following along, you'd know this about me by now...)
What is luck really but a success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions. It is neither good or bad. They're happenings. We live a series of them every day. Some are good, some are bad, some just are. The good things? Celebrate them. Whether small or large, hey? Why not? Whether it's an occasion to throw a party  or maybe it's just an occasion where you do a little "YAY ME!" dance... It could be as simple as celebrating with a smile. And when you're dealt something not so great? You either roll with the punches and see it through and make the best of whatever or wallow in it and miss out on everything that could possibly be better or even great. There are those instances when you need someone to lean on too. Regardless of what gets thrown at me, I know that there are a great group of people, a wonderful man and "family" that I can turn to, that I can always lay my trust in that will see me through. Isn't THAT what I should see as lucky?

1 comment:

  1. I fully believe there is a big "wheel of crap" (think wheel of fortune style, only with everyone's name on it) out there, and whenever things go to hell on me, I just stop and think that it was my turn for it to land on me... :)

    ReplyDelete