Custom Search

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Writing...



I have to give a lot of credit to people who write professionally (and well) and come up with shit to write about all the time and get paid for it. Dang... I have a hard enough time stringing together words to make complete sentences most of the time (well, ones that make sense, that are grammatically correct and are punctuated properly... ) There are times when I fail doing that. (You should have SEEN the "edited" manuscript... Eerg! The "technical" corrections on it was, like, OMG! SRSLY?)
It's not easy being able to come up with words and making them come together in a sentence to make sense adequately in order to convey your thoughts and have it be interpreted in a manner that all parties understand what the fuck is going on. Maybe it is a matter of interpretation. Semantical nightmare! Inflection changes the tone of what's being said, but that can't be conveyed accurately on paper.
I've been through a process where I tried desperately to convey thoughts and feelings and narrate a story using a very limited vocabulary, having a tenuous grasp of the English language, laughable grammar and punctuation "skillz" and a diminutive attention span that seemed to disappear all together when I was sitting at the desk. Challenging? Shyeeeya! And that was just ONE writing project. I can't even begin to imagine the people who do it every day all the time as a friggin' career... Yeah... I just hurt my brain thinking about it... Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment