Custom Search

Friday, June 3, 2011

Book Reviews!



The first three reviews... (Okay, I'm one, but I had to respond to one of them... Click the pic and click "most recent" to get the full flavor...)
It's not that I ever claimed that the book was great. I never even claimed the book was good. In fact, I think the exact words I used were, "It sucks..." I'm no writer. Sarcasm I can do. Potty mouthed rants and soap box political views, loudmouthed opinions on everything... Those I can do too. Not well, but I can handle them. It doesn't take talent to be an opinionated, loud and potty mouthed bitch. Being the writer of a book? Something different. Being the writer of a children's book? I had to tone myself WAY down... NOT an easy task...
This project was a labor of love. Something I can hand down to the kids and say, "I made this for you!" The looks of pride on their faces through every step from start to finish, and seeing the looks on their faces when they saw the finished "product" was the best review I could have gotten and the best review I'm ever going to get, bar none. The rest are merely supplemental. And it's hard to take any "review" seriously when it looks rather dodgy at best with a profile that was just slapped together THAT DAY with a few cut and paste "book reviews". Just MY opinion... Just sayin'....

June 1, 2011
GiaTheBookWorm:

Yawn Worthy

A boring, lengthy and poorly put together book. Kinda disappointing... The plagiarism is so obvious, C. S. Lewis & J.K Rowling would most likely raise an eyebrow.
EDITED: in response to Mia Tanaka's response to my review: I do have a copy of your book Mia, unfortunately unable to upload a photo of it obviously. It was not meant to be an attack, it is merely my opinion on your book after having read it. I'm not sure why you are so defensive and why would you rate your own book at 5 stars? It is fact that I found this book to be a right rip-off between Harry Potter & Narnia, thus sharing my review. I did not know it was not OK to offer my review. I have reviewed many books being a bookworm that I am, with equally positive or negative views. Perhaps you should take in the criticism and improve on your next one, that would be energy better used rather than being personal.


Mia Tanaka:

Anti-fans already?

Considering the book hasn't shipped yet and NOBODY has a copy yet, I'm surprised you were able to review a book you haven't read.
EDITED: I was informed by the publisher that shipping didn't occur until today: 6/2/2011
I'm am all for people having an opinion. Please, by all means, HAVE AN OPINION. I'm still not sure about the Potter reference. And Narnia? Other than the "magical world" aspect... Eh... Mine is ORIGINAL material, written to amuse my children who came up with much of the story and they wanted to see their names in print. What can I say, I'm a sucker for my children. All kidding aside, you seem like an avid reader, which is awesome. I welcome legitimate constructive criticism. But, this is probably not the proper forum for it, please feel free to contact me at otherplace "at" yahoo Thanks!


June 2, 2011
Anonymous

Can't wait!

I can't wait to read this one. Ms. Tanaka's wit in her blog is addictive. I'm eager to see what she does with this YA fantasy.

Thanks "anonymous". I can guarantee the book is NOTHING like the blog... Apparently, it's not appropriate material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment