Custom Search

Friday, June 24, 2011

Gloating...



It's no that I lead the kind of life that people would be jealous over. It's a life that's right for me. Well, I would change a couple of things, but I won't get into that now. I have it pretty okay. (Except for the aforementioned couple of things...)
I've been going through this in my head. (Not my mind... I think I lost that last Tuesday... I'm sure it'll turn up... I know it's around here somewhere...) Yeah, I've got a bit of a crappy situation going here. I live in hell... I mean my parents' house... And instead of being able to say "Goodnight" to my Puppy Guts at night, I have to say "Goodbye". But I look at what I have been blessed with and these days, the crappy stuff doesn't seem as bad, especially because I know that certain of my situations are only temporary. But unlike some people I know who would rather wallow in self pity and self induced misery, I much rather prefer to look at the bright side. Do I succeed all the time, every day? No. But the point is, my self pity and crap doesn't last for too long. I've accomplished things that most could not dream of. I have done things that most may not even begin to comprehend. I have seen, experienced, lived and done things that most can't claim to have. Does that make me better than the next person? Well, no... Not necessarily, but at least I can say that I have done it in my own special way. At least I can say I did it, which is more than I can say for some.
At the end of the day, when my lights go out and the curtain falls, I don't want to go out with the regrets of not having experienced or lived or seen or done. I certainly don't want to check out with the regrets of being a selfish, miserable bitch and I definitely don't want to face my maker having to reason out and make excuses for being one.
I have great things in store for me. I have amazing things that I have to look forward to. Great kids, my Lucky, great friends, great "family"... Just a couple more goals to reach. Nope... Things just don't seem that bad to me right now.

1 comment:

  1. You are a special person (in a good way) and a great friend. Someone I am truly proud to call a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete