Custom Search

Monday, June 20, 2011

I have a book...



As I sit here in the process of reading through my own book, I have to admit... Wow... That was... WOW!
The process was long, tedious and mind numbing, but the end result? Okay, fine. I'll admit it. I cried. Relief, happiness, exhaustion (both physically and mentally) and getting through all of the unknowns. The feeling of accomplishment at having seen something huge for me personally through to the end. Seeing the finished product of a labor of love that started so many years ago finally coming to fruition.
I get that I still have the biggest unknown. "Are people going to read it? Are people going to like it?" But I gave this a lot of thought. This "project" was never about other people. This project was never about what "other people" thought. At the end of the day, this "project" was for my children.  My children whom over the years relayed various stories of "stuff happening" that I wrote it down... And they wanted to see their names in print. They thought it would be cool to be able to read a book that they were the main characters in.  And I wanted to be able to say to them, "There ya go, babies! Mommy made this for you!"
It wasn't for anyone else. When that gets put into perspective, it's awesome because they love it and THAT is all I ever need. The only thing is, now they're bugging me for the next one.... D'oh!

1 comment: