Custom Search

Monday, June 27, 2011

Dickheads!



Driving on the highway some time back, traffic started slowing down because of a pretty bad car wreck. I mean, the car was a little Honda Accord looking thing and it was mashed to half its size... Highway accidents are dangerous for everybody. The people in the accidents themselves, the people driving on the roads coming to the accident, the emergency crews that are responding the the accidents... You are talking about a high speed roadway and the potential for something to go terribly wrong.
Now, when you see an emergency vehicle trying to get to the scene of an accident and you see the flashing lights and hear the siren AND the horn BLARING, fuckin' MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! You're stuck in traffic because of the accident. Just because you were able to scoot up another 10 yards, is it REALLY going to make a difference in your commute? In the mean time, there are severely injured people possibly bleeding to death and for every second you are shaving off from the time the emergency crew could have been there, it makes all the difference. Life or death kind of difference...

I got lucky. The fire truck wanted to be in the middle lane so I paused to let him go and I followed behind it as the fire truck driver tried to make all of the traffic move out of our way. NICE! Well, that's what I thought until I discovered that EVERYBODY wanted to be in my position. I had a motorcycle moron cut in front of me (I almost hit him and NOT on purpose!) and I also had a car cut in front of me who almost knocked over the idiot on the bike... Whatever... The point is really about GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY OF THE EMERGENCY VEHICLE TRYING TO GET TO WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE! There are no excuses people. You can't say you didn't SEE the big bright red truck coming towards you with the flashing lights and the high beams flickering. You can't say that you didn't hear the freaking horn blaring and the siren going from a mile away. Move the hell out of the way. I'm just sayin' is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment