Custom Search

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Training with a spaz...



I may not mean to, but when training, sometimes I get a little overzealous and stuff happens. Whatever the bit we train, I tend to run in two modes. "On" and "SPAZ!". During my "on", I manage to get things kinda done the way they're supposed to go... It doesn't look pretty, but I guess it works. Then SPAZ hits. Oy vey! The shredder is a concept I've been working with. And I train with the bravest mofo on the face of the planet... Puppy Guts. He sports more scratches and gouges and scars and bruises and lumps from various rakings, knees, elbows, gouges, stomps... It's not that I want to hurt my Puppy Guts, but he tries to make sure that I am trained for a real life situation. Yes, I've started wearing gloves to ensure that I don't hurt him as badly, but my brave Lucky "gets into the ring" in many a "scenario" type training session and he let's me go to town. It's been great in training in first aid too when all is said and done... <Sigh...> Nothing beats training the concepts and technique and perfecting the "techniques". Especially when I have such an understanding "training buddy" who understands the -ness of my spazosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment