Custom Search

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Senshido Connecticut...

The beginnings of Senshido Connecticut  have been slow going and in this economy, people aren't spending the money. To top it off, most people don't think that they need the type of training that we offer. But, that's not going to stop us. We'd never give up on what we're doing and throw in the towel. We are going to keep laying the foundations and build a solid structure for something that we truly believe in, just like we did for the relationship that we have.

We've managed to get our foot in the door at a few places. We've done a seminar for the Connecticut chapter of the Guardian Angels. We've run seminars at Specter Tactical. We've done a few private seminars here and there and it's been quite a hoot. We have our own YouTube channel. We've handed out or put up hundreds of cards. We've completed our t-shirt designs. Get this high tech method! We each took a picture of each other in the passive stance, I traced the outline of it off the computer screen, and I shaded the fucking thing in, leaving white outlines so it didn't all look like a blob. Gave us some neat anime hair and VOILA! Our t-shirt designs. (Mine are the only ones that come in puppy paws pink so don't ask.)  We are every bit the well intentioned start up company if ever there was one.

We live in uncertain times. Of that, there is not doubt. We live in a dangerous time and danger is really around every corner. Wrong place, wrong time and FLABAMMO! Something bad can happen. It's more commonplace than not these days. And here we are, trying to offer a service that may actually be the difference between becoming a statistic or prevailing. And it can be learned, absorbed and accomplished in a three or four hour time period, instead of years of  having to train. The great thing about it is that even a small framed (5'2", 97 lbs.) woman like myself can make the shit work on someone twice my size, which I have made happen in seminars we've run. I have the grace of a drunken walrus, I am a spaz of epic proportions and yet I can still get the concepts to work and work well. I've posted about Senshido before HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Take the time to read back through. It's okay. I'll wait......

Hey! Welcome back! (Well, for those who went and took the time to click on the links....) I'm not trying to sell a snake oil here. Anyone can actually make these concepts work.  My Puppy Guts has used it for real multiple times in the course of his day (night) job. It's not a graceful "art" by any stretch of the imagination, but it does work. We're just gonna keep at it and make sure that we enlighten as many people that we can because both Puppy Guts and I believe that being well prepared and ready and safe is better than being ill prepared and fucked if the shit should hit the fan. We can't always count on the kindness of strangers to do the right thing any more. Sometimes, we are forced to deal with things on our own because that's what people are these days. (It's called the "bystander effect". Look it up on Googlie Google....) Something happens and it's shoulda, coulda, woulda..... The biggest regrets of people start with that...

I've tried to explain how simple to use and apply, the concepts of Senshido is. Being able to deliver mild discomfort to someone to get their attention all the way to ruining them so badly, their mom's wouldn't be able to recognize them (if they survived...) and every stop in between. It's a valuable self defense concept that even someone like myself can use, apply, manipulate and get to work despite my lack of coordination, strength, size and ability (or really, lack thereof....) and I am a spazoid of EPIC proportions. (I have the rare talent of being able to trip on my own feet while standing still...) I mean, I've trained in a few different "martial arts" and it was difficult for me to apply those "skills"  and get them to work on an opponent in the sterile environment of the dojo. Yes, for most people, those dojo ballet dance moves will be executed properly on a static partner or with a partner not using live energy at full speed. But that's not real life, is it. Just because you can get it to work on the mats doesn't mean you're going to get it to work out on the streets when your life or the life of the person/ people that are with you might depend on it. How comforting is that? Years of training in "self defense" and if you question for a second, "Is this going to fail?" You're in deep shit. 

And really? Honestly? For someone at my size, with my build, my need to hug the floor all the time, with my face (because I didn't "trip".... Well.... Fine I did, but still....)? Am I really going to get the dojo dancing to keep me and mine safe if I can't even get it to work or execute the moves themselves without hurting myself? Senshido eliminates those concerns because they are concepts that we already know how to do. It hasn't left the primal parts of our brains. It is a caveman/ animal reaction that just needs to be unleashed. The concepts don't need to be "taught". One only needs to be taught that they have them and how to apply them. My spaz moments may happen, but they can still be incorporated into the constant barrage of attacks that I can continue to deliver, despite my "moments". It's so simple, cavemen used to do it. 

We wholly believe in the Senshido concepts and we will spread the word to anyone who'll listen. For all others, do carry on, but don't ever say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment