Custom Search

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

Here we are again at another Fourth of July and as my yearly service announcement thing, I'm here to remind people what this day is really about. I know that it might come as quite a shock to some people, but today is NOT a holiday to get shit faced drunk,  be a barbecue glutton, and party like an asshole until fireworks time. It is not some foreign country pride day. It is not some "let's pretend to care today and go back about our business tomorrow!" day. 


Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. It is a celebration of our nation's history, government, and the traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of the United States. 


It is American pride day. It is about Americans and OUR country and what made it great. The very beginnings of our great nation. It saddens me greatly as I see it fall to pieces, but it still doesn't stop me from being PROUD to be an American. Not Japanese American. Not Asian American. Nuh-uh. It's either that you are or you're not. I am an American. I bleed red, white and blue. 


So, Happy Fourth of July my fellow patriots! Happy Independence Day my fellow Americans! Let's show the world we haven't forgotten what this day is and show them that we are proud Americans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment