Custom Search

Saturday, April 23, 2011

That Spring Holiday...



Here we come around to another of those holidays that USED to have "religious significance" but was turned into a commercialized holiday about bunnies and candy and baskets and junk and stuff. Don't get me wrong. My kids get the baskets with the colored eggs and chocolates and bunnies and stuff and junk, but I think it's important for them to know the REAL significance of what Good Friday and Easter really are.
Obviously, I am not exactly the greatest source of biblical knowledge. That's why I am thankful that my children do have people that they can go to. I will never begrudge my children the "spirit of the holidays" and stuff, but I think they should know that the REAL significance of these religious holidays and not just because they get days off from school and get stuff. I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment