Custom Search

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Anger...


Anger is a concept that I have been working with my Puppy Guts on. It is such an all encompassing negativity spiral that infects and poisons everything. Anger and hate and all that crap is just not healthy. Holding onto it is even worse. We've been on a path together to try and let go of anger and hate...
Do I have my good days and bad days? Of course I do. I'm only human. But it seems my bad days aren't quite as bad any more and I find myself laughing about certain things that used to bother me a whole hell of a lot more.
People and their stupidity, situations that are beyond my control, things going on in my own backyard as well as in the world at large. Am I all Zen and love everybody? Hell no! But I am finding that I don't get the anxiety attacks I used to, I'm sleeping a lot better, I laugh a lot more and I'm happier about the things I have and don't worry too much about the things I don't.
Puppy Guts has been making slow progress, but it's still progress and I have to say, I've never been more proud to call myself his girl. It shows in the time that we spend together, it shows in the way he's living his life and it show in the way he interacts with the other people around him. He also has his good days and his bad days, but all things considered, we're still chugging along and making the best of it.
What's really awesome is that I know that it's because it IS him that I can. I've said it before and I'll say it all again: This brave soul loves me unconditionally, appreciates me for who and what I am and despite the insanity that is my life at the moment, he is a constant source of strength when I feel mine faltering, of courage when mine escapes me, of support when I feel I'm falling, of laughter when I am sad, of stability when I feel like I'm losing my mind. I always feel loved, wanted, needed, appreciated, beautiful, thought about and never forgotten whether he is sitting next to me or he's not. I never have to question how he feels about me because he let's me know everyday, he shows me every day. Isn't that the way it should be?
Sure, there are plenty of things that piss me off, but because I have all of those things in Lucky and the best kids on the face of the planet (despite the fact that they can drive me nuts sometimes), I won't give anger the power by letting it affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment