Custom Search

Friday, April 15, 2011

Tantrums...



Having both ends of the spectrum, be it three year old or teen, I'm not sure which is worse when it comes to the temper tantrums. Whether is comes from the three year old or the teen, neither one of them is pleasant. It sucks ass, actually. One is driven by the need for everything to be hers and everything needing to go her way or else, while the other is driven by hormones and the need for everything to be his and everything needing to go his way or else.
Loads of fun. I've given up on ever receiving my "How to deal with a Teen" handbook, super magical remote control and secret decoder ring...
On the one hand, I have the little girl who throws a temper tantrum and she screams and cries in the shrill little voice that makes your ears bleed and you feel it in your spine. She hoots and hollers and stamps her little foot for 5 to 45 minutes and done. Whatever.
On the other hand, I got teen broody boy from hell who stomps around, broods silently, gives evil nasty looks and answers in a series of grunts and other such noises and glares. It's awesome...
I think the little one is easier to deal with because all I have to do is ignore her for a little while. She calms down and done. Back to being the sweet little girl I know her to be. Teen broody pants is not. He is in a constant state of Goth/ Emo... It's pathetic.
Goosfraba... This too shall pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment