Custom Search

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Puh-LEEASE!

I am so tired of listening to the, "No, but MY life is so much harder because..." stories from people who don't really have it rough, and are really just stupid pansies who wouldn't know what a REAL bad day was if it bit them on the ass. They probably wouldn't know how to handle a bad day if it came banging on the door and moved in either. They are just looking for attention to feed their fragile little egos.

I was recently complaining to someone and venting some of the frustrations to them. Mostly about money and how I can't afford to get things done in a normal way and often times I have to get creative in order make the ends meet and get the job done. Ahhh..... Creative financing.... Hell, it works though. Ebay has been somewhat of a help with that as I list more of mom's crap that I've saved and liberated from her evil basement of doom.  (Side trip! You see, mom's "basement of horrors" is a literal torture chamber for trinkets, baubles, jewelry, collectibles and so much more. They get purchased by this woman and end up stored in a plastic bin, never to see the light of day ever again..... That was until I started braving the endless dangers by traversing the always changing maze of boxes in that evil place and freeing them from what would have been their eternal resting place. The monsters down there are merciless and wicked, probably summoned by the devil himself..... Fine. They're only spiders, but they're REALLY big ones and I swear that have it in for me! And, honestly? The pit of vipers and the lake of fire is a little much. But trek forth, I do, so that I may liberate these hapless prisoners from their dark prisons at great risk of injury to myself, and brought back blinking into the light, they are put up here in the hopes that they find a better place to be for a better future. And besides, there's a "finder's keepers" rule at mom's house ESPECIALLY when it comes to stuff in the basement.)

ANYWAY, these items that I manage to recue and liberate from that dark evil place gets put up on Ebay for a ridiculously low price, (I once sold Villeroy and Boch plater worth $200 for $65. I've sold $4000 dollar hand made, hand stitched Japanese silk obis for $250. I am also the desparate type that sold an original Reuben Nakian print worth several thousand dollars for $1500.... This was at a time when I was overwhelmed with overdue and late bills and everything else that wasn't paid in months and it all got thrown into my lap because it was apparently my problem now.... A few years ago, the scraping and scrimping for money here and there and letting these buyers get away with some of the greatest bargains they're EVER going to see in their lives, just so I could put oil in the tank for heat and hot water, keep the electricity so that we could have lights and amenities and running water, the cable, which was also the heart of my business and also the source for the only working landline in the house, keeping to date with car insurance, getting a new car, getting my eldest son to the after school program he need to get the extra help that he desperately had to have to help him in school and to top it off, I had to go to some rather unsavory places so that I, as a newly single woman and mom of four went to find financial help in order to take care of my children and feed them and keep them healthy (yes, STATE AID people) only to be told that I didn't qualified for the cash assistance because I was OVER qualified (I guess broke, a legal American, having paid into the system, being of non-hispanic decent, and working to the best of my abilities from home and actually paying bills and barely scraping by was overqualified.....) But at least I had food and medical. Those really were the biggest chunks of the list.

These days, I pay out the 50-60 dollars that I pay my parents a week to help offset their costs on top of doing work for them in all too many capacities that leaves me either staring at a computer screen for far too long or going off on some scavenger hunt for an item that doen't exist... And to be back in time to make sure that I am home in time to take care of all the kids and hang out with them, help them get their homework done, cook supper, do bedtime routines and whatnot, only to get stuck behind a computer again, so that I can continue to pay off my debts and pay bills and make sure that my children have everything that they need. 

Then I get some soft headed, insensitive moron telling me, "Oh, that's nothing! I missed out on nail appointment with Monique that took me a week to get!" Apparently it's because "she's THAT good" and I'm supposed to give a shit? I don't have the right to short circuit a little? Really? These pampered, spoiled, self-centered little bitches (male and female, mind you) need to shut the fuck up. ESPECIALLY when I tell them to shut the fuck up. There is a reason WHY I'm telling you the shut the fuck up. It's because instead of my having to have to be annoyed by you and your trifle little life, I would MUCH rather you be annoyed with me for not wanting to hear about it and being told the shut the fuck up. Kthnxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment