Custom Search

Friday, December 23, 2011

Kids and Christmas....


Come on! As far as the kids are concerned, Christmas is all about the presents. Maybe a little but about the food, but who gives a shit about the food, there's presents. And of course the all knowing, ever elusive Santa Claus. (I still say he's a closet child molester. He knows when you are sleeping? He knows when you're awake? Really? Sounds like a stalker to me... Just sayin'....) Sure, I don't care much about the holidays, but there is something so pure and innocent about the joy of a child on Christmas. The sheer excitement that it brings to them. Seeing the anticipation on their little faces as they count down the days is something that brings a smile to my face. My kids gear up for the trip to their dad's and they celebrate with him and his family. There's something to be said for that. They get to spend unencumbered time with their dad and his family and they really do up the holidays "propah" to make sure that the kids have a great time.
I am also grateful that "Christmas" doesn't get "lost" to them either. They are given the proper "meaning of Christmas", which I wouldn't be able to provide simply because of the "Christian nature" of the "other half of their family". I myself didn't have the "Christian upbringing" so for me to try and preach to my children about Christian holidays is somewhat counterproductive.
Tonight, I will be making the drive up north to deliver my children to their grandparents' house where they will spend the holidays. It's rather bittersweet. I know that they'll be having a great time, but on the other side of that, I'll be missing them terribly.
:sigh: It's all good. I'll have them back for New Years and we'll do it up "propah" then.

No comments:

Post a Comment