Custom Search

Monday, December 5, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like BLAH BLAH!!!


People are out in full force, pushing and shoving and being none too nice. Everywhere I go, it looks like Christmas threw up there. It's a nightmare. There are just so many things I hate about the holidays.
Well, first of all, Christmas has NOTHING to do with Christ, the birth of Christ or anything Christ-like. So whatever. The day is more about greed and overindulgence and maybe a couple of the seven deadly sins that are no-no-ed in the bible. Honestly.... These church going people look like such hypocrites and shame their religion on what they consider to be the holiest of days. Bite me.
People are running around all over the place trying to spend as much money that they can.... Money that they don't have. All for the satisfaction of I don't even know what. It's like a day when greed and gluttony are forgiven just because.
Maybe it is that I'm a bit Scrooge-y. Or maybe I have a valid point. Think about what the holiday is supposed to mean and think about the reality of what it is. Go to a local mall or a shopping center or something and look around. Personally, I find it to be rather frightening and I am usually MORE armed to the teeth than I normally would be simply because of the time of year...
Whatever the case, I don't like the holidays. Never really have. EXCEPT for the noms part. I love the noms part.

No comments:

Post a Comment