Custom Search

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Teach 'em young? Bleh......

I'm gonna complain a little here..... Again..... :
So, we're into the school year, and already I've spent over $700 on school stuff. Granted, I have four kids to buy stuff for..... Now subtract from that $700, about $300 for new school clothes. (Three pairs of pants, three shirts, a package of socks, a package of underwear for each kid)...... Leaving $400. 

I don't know WHEN it happened, but since when is it that the students parents become the ones to supply the whole entire class with stuff for the classroom? I mean, I get it. Tissues (my kids use their fair share), hand sanitizer and wipes. I don't have a problem with "donating" that stuff. But when it comes to school supplies? For them to "pool together" everything from pencils, crayons, pens, notebooks, lined paper, folders, and other shit and "redistribute" the stuff amongst the class? Uh-uh. $400 for school supplies?

I remember going to school with a binder, a pack of lined paper, a couple of notebooks, some pens, some pencils and a ruler. And that shit was MINE. You touched my shit, I'd stab your ass with one of MY pens or one of MY pencils. It cost about $30..... Now, my kids are coming home with these impossibly LONG lists of school supplies that amount to about $400. Granted, it ranged in costs depending on which kid, but seriously, over $100 in school supplies is a bit excessive, no? ESPECIALLY when I'm paying out the nose to watch some of this stuff get "redistributed". Since when did it become MY responsibility to outfit the whole class with school supplies?

Is it me? Am I being a complete selfless jerk? I mean, what the actual fuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment