Custom Search

Saturday, September 28, 2013

My distrust in the "professional" community.....

Rant on:
The eldest of the brood was sent to "6 months of mandatory therapy sessions" for a stunt he pulled on the last day of school last year. ( :s Don't even get me started.) Fine. So, I've been taking him and whatever.... 

She called me so that we could "discuss the boy's progress" and she starts spewing all sorts of shit about how I need to understand how hard things must be for the boy because he "suffers" from ADD and OCD. How he can't help the things he does because of these "problems". It just wasn't his fault. I laughed and told her that I probably understood better than she EVER could. She proceeded to tell me that because she had worked with dozens of cases with children with ADD and OCD, it made her the expert. I asked her if she HAS one or both. Of course, her answer was "no". She tried to rattle off her credentials but I stopped her short.

The rant I unleashed went something like this:
Listen, I really don't give a rat's ass about the things you were supposedly taught, what your "credentials" are and how many people you've supposedly "helped". I've known this kid his whole life and I KNOW all about the "difficulties" he's got. They are mine too. Every day is a struggle. Some are good days, some are bad, but I deal. I OWN them and I deal. What I teach him is that he should be doing the same and owning his "issues" and taking responsibility for his actions too. I will NOT allow you to spoon feed him excuses that he can randomly spew for his crappy behaviors and acting like an absolute twat. I will NOT allow you to put into his head, a defeatist attitude from the get go, so that he can set himself up to fail AND be able to provide himself and everyone around him with some lame ass excuse. Degrees and experience are nothing. They aren't more than worthless pieces of paper and time wasted if THIS is the dribble you are "empowering" the next generation with. Turning them into selfish shits with severe entitlements complexes, quick with excuses to blame everything and everyone else around them and not taking any responsibility for anything that they say or do and looking for someone else to fix the problem for them. Hell, if I wanted him to be a commie democrat I'd have bricked him in the temple and let him watch CNN! I have been more flexible and understanding of him than any of my other kids, make no mistake, but I will not allow him an inch so he could take a mile. The reason why I KNOW he has a greater control over his behavior than you seem to think is because he uses it as a reward/ punishment. If there is something he wants, he's freaking awesome. If he doesn't get it, or even when he does, once it's in his hands, he's acting like a little shit again. DO NOT make the mistake of trying to tell me that you know or understand my child better than I do ever again. And DO NOT continue to feed him this worthless dribble and turn him into a whiny, helpless, spoiled brat, quick with a stupid excuse.

She didn't really have a response for that. She said she would "make some notes" and get back to me. :shrug:

Okay, rant off...... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment