Custom Search

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stuff......

It's been months now since Otis passed, and yet I still find myself grieving his loss. The date 01/03/13 and time 11:15AM still not erased from my mind. One part of my mind wonders why I still end up so emotional when thinking about my dog who has long since died. And then, there is the other part of my mind that still lingers on his memory. The feeling of having someone there when there is no one else around. Another living being to talk to and speak my mind to and verbally spew my guts out to without worry of judgement or criticism. Just a warm, living, sentient being that would listen to me and be with me and love me, unconditionally. I mean TRULY unconditionally.

I still hear the rattle of his collar and tags from time to time. I still panic and think, "HOLY CRAP! I need to take the dog out! He hasn't been out in a while!" I still keep his blankets at the foot of the bed because I just don't have the heart to get rid of them. I still can't think about my dog without feeling a profound sense of loss. I still cry because I miss him. I miss him a lot.

Love on your four legged friends people. And to the people who know me personally, don't mind me when I love on your fur babies when I visit you. It's serious therapy for me and it means quite a bit more than I will EVER show on the outside. I will thank you now...... Ask me about it later, and I will deny everything later and tell you that you're crazy. I will also tell you that I like animals more than I like people, which is VERY true........ Don't feel too bad. The fact that I talked to you AT ALL is a good indication that I found SOMETHING in you that I felt is somewhat redeeming as a quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment