Custom Search

Saturday, November 5, 2011

No internet.....


There are times when I find that I have no internet, like the weekends spent at Lucky's condo. It took a little getting used to, but it is rather liberating at the same time. It's actually kind of nice. Actually interacting with real live people and having face to face conversations with people. As a joke I will poke Lucky just because, but it ends up turning into a whole silly game that leads to other stuff and that can be fun as well...
I limit the time my kids spend on the internet as well. Sure they get a little cranky about it, but I want to make sure that they know that there is a whole big world outside of cyberspace and I want them to be able to experience it for real. The internet has opened so many doors and you can do things that you've never really thought were possible, but it also closes off so many avenues and I feel as if kids these days are missing out on so much life out there.
For the time being, I get the eye rolls and the exasperated sighs, but someday they'll thank me for it. It's what I hold onto in the hopes that I am helping them to grow up to be well centered self sufficient people as they grow. In the mean time, I am the internet nazi.... Yay me..... :s

No comments:

Post a Comment