Custom Search

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gaah! Nature! Get it off me!


It's not that I don't like nature. Actually, I love it. I can do the camping thing, I function just fine doing the hiking thing and the roughing it thing. I love the great outdoors, the fresh air and all that other stuff. But it has to be on my terms. I can stand for cooking on the grill and going fishing and sleeping in a tent and whopping it up and having a great time, sure! But I can't do it at one of those places that doesn't have access to running water. THAT'S my hang up. I need to be able to shower and feel human, otherwise, I get a little cranky to say the least. Everything else, I'm pretty hip to. Roasting bugs and grubs and small rodents doesn't really bother me. They're actually quite tasty when you prepare them right. And there's something rather serene and nice about sleeping under the starts and hearing the sounds of the woods at night too. Maybe a nice breeze through the tree tops.... :sigh:
If there are bugs flying around me, I'm going to go sleep in the car though!

No comments:

Post a Comment