Custom Search

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lost in thought...

There are just certain times of the day that I get lost in thought. It's the most random thing... I could be thinking about what I'm going to make for dinner and all of a sudden I go from that to contemplating navel lint or researching and developing a dust bunny breeding program... Okay. Maybe it's not "all of a sudden"... Maybe my train of thought goes from the subject of dinner to not being too hungry and wondering why... Maybe from there the thoughts wander to things that make me lose my appetite. I start listing things from certain smells or sights, to the thought of something that seems icky to me... From there I might meander into the realm of other icky things like worms and slimy things and make myself shudder at the thought of the feel and texture of sticking my hands into a tub of worms or something slimy and then laugh about it. Then have a conversation with myself about whether doing that was a quirk of mine or just something that falls into the realm of the silliness that seems to fill my life at times. From there we traverse the world of inane. That can be anything from wondering why we call 8 an eight to why I like the word "bellybutton" so much... (It's such a fun word to say... Bellybutton... Tee hee hee...) Flabammo! Bellybutton lint. Then the similarities of bellybutton lint and dust bunnies. (How do they get there?) Then how "dust bunny" sounds so friggin' cute. Then the wanting to breed something cute sounding like "dust bunnies"...
Deep thoughts? Perhaps not. Regardless, there are several minutes of any given day that intelligence takes its leave and leaves me to contemplate the stupid stuff. <Sigh!> Yeah... It IS a quirk... Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment