Custom Search

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sarcasm.....


I experience life at a rate of several WTFs a minute. And during those WTFs, there are probably things that are best unsaid. It is unfortunate that my brain to mouth filter never really worked right or (more than likely scenario) I lack one all together. And in most situations, I always come up with the right things to say AFTER the right time to say it has passed.  Regardless of the fact, I speak in fluent sarcasm. It's a gift. What can I say. It's not that I'm a sarcastic bitch all the time and it's never personal. It's just that it amuses me sometimes. When the "sarcasm overdrive" gets engaged though and I mean it, I'm usually sneering or smirking, the tone of my voice changes dramatically, my posture and stance become a bit more challenging and my demeanor changes. VERY few people can get under my skin that way and it's all family. (Sometimes it really feels like I LIVE an insane sitcom of a deranged "dysfunctional family"... It would be so much funnier if it wasn't MY life! I swear my life needs to have subtitles! I only smile because I have no idea what is going on most of the time...)
Honestly? I really think that tact is for people who aren't clever or witty enough to use or understand sarcasm. Granted, most of the time it is wasted on those who are less than intelligent to "get it". Seriously. And when directed at someone, nothing can be more discouraging or depressing than under-appreciated or even completely unappreciated sarcasm. 
Now, I get that there are those who will use (or feebly attempt to) sarcasm as a weapon. What these people do is end up bringing the proverbial rusty butter knife to a gunfight, because they suck at it. They lack vision, wit, imagination and the cleverness it takes to come up with the good ones. Come on.... You've met these people. They use sarcasm because they are bitter and angry...It's not the kind of sarcasm that takes thought so much as it is just simply the "I know you are but what am I?" retorts. Not good enough, not worth my time, move along. I don't want to play with you. It's be like shooting fish in a barrel. 
Think about it for a second... Have you ever heard a REALLY good sarcastic remark and thought, "DAMN! That was GOOD!" The kind that not only attacked the offender, but cut a swath through every one of their defenses, laid waste to their self esteem and attacked their psyche to the point where you KNOW that they were going to obsess about it for a long time to come.... Obviously, it's only funny when that person REALLY deserved it too... 
The point is, there is sarcasm... meh! and there is SARCASM. Use it well padawan. Go forth into the world and spread true sarcasm around!

No comments:

Post a Comment