Custom Search

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Obesity....



I have a lot of issues with a lot of different things. Here comes another one. Obesity... Not only is it REALLY not an attractive thing to see... Seriously, there NEEDS to be a law about the kind of things fat people are allowed to wear. For example: A tent is something, I am quite sure, that could be made out of whatever kind of fabric one would like! NOBODY wants to see mounds and rolls of fat and cellulite oozing out of stretched way passed maximum capacity fabrics thundering around.
How exactly does one get to that point? I mean it is a matter of allowing oneself to become that way. Can you imagine a household full of them? After a while it must become normal... Honestly? If you weigh in at 300lbs at an average 5'5" or something and you lose 75lbs, you're still fat. I get that there are TRUE "medical conditions" that obesity MIGHT occur, but in all honesty, using THAT as an excuse when it ISN'T  the case is just pathetic.This is not an "overnight" happening. This is a VERY long period of time.... At what point do these people wake up and still think and believe, "I look GOOD!" or even, "I'll start losing weight tomorrow...."
Society is incorporating this illness (and let's face it, it really is mentally AND physically) and making it an "okay" behavior. I remember a time when I could go to the store and find a pair of jeans that fit. A certain size was a certain size and that was it. Now? Not so much. There are more of them than there are of me. (Literally AND figuratively....) I go to the mall and find more "big and husky" people stores than for normal sized people. Oh and I don't count Abercrombie and Fitch as anything other than over priced crap for anorexics, so don't even bother throwing that into the pot....
There are whole groups and philosophies dedicated to fatness... "Big is beautiful" and crap. The placation of the lazy fat asses who won't do anything to lose the weight. They are given excuses by "society" to be this way... So they continue to grow out of clothes and buy bigger ones instead of trying to stop or reverse the problem. And yes, it is a problem. The health risks alone should be more than enough for a person to want to become healthy, but alas, no.
:sigh: Maybe it's rude of me to look on in disgust. Maybe it's wrong of me to point out how wrong I think it is. Maybe I shouldn't have posted about it.... Yeah right... Because I'M the most politically correct, polite person in the world? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment