Custom Search

Friday, October 28, 2011

Cussin'.....


I do my best to try and curb my language around little ones. There are the obvious ones that shouldn't be said around kids: shit, fuck, cunt, cocksucker and variations of those words. The there are the ones that are kind of questionable..... Like, I use the words "crap" and "hell" a lot when I'm talking. "Dick" is another one that I'll use, like, when I'm driving and some guy cuts me off. Sure I'd like to use other choice words to express my disdain (although I HAVE found that sometimes there just aren't enough explicit words in my vocabulary to fully express what I'm thinking...), but "dick" is the one I keep handy, especially when the kids are in the car with me. 
I also start making up words too, much to my children's amusement. Well, hell, it keeps me calmer. How can you be angry around the sound of children's laughter?  We've come up with some pretty good ones. Some of which have gotten incorporated into our "lingo". It all works out. 
I know that some will argue that "curse words" are bad and all, and like I said, I do try and avoid the REALLY "bad" ones, but quite honestly, children in general have probably heard a lot worse in the halls of their school or on the school bus. I guess it's a thing for some folks. Me? I just think it gives the "words" more power if you put the taboos on them. My kids know that "those words" are not to be used lightly nor are they to be used in public, just because. 
Shit, piss, cunt, fuck, cocksucker, mother fucker, tits. Ahhhh.... I feel better now that I got them all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment